We are seeking healthy volunteers and individuals with Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) or Mild Alzheimer's Disease (AD) who are interested in taking part in a clinical research study to find out if functional MRI images of the brain can be used to diagnose and monitor the course and treatment of MCI and AD. Subjects must have a study partner and be willing to come to six to eight clinic visits over the course of two to three years.
At each of these visits, subjects will be asked to have blood drawn, undergo tests of memory and have an MRI scan of the brain. Each visit will last between four to five hours. Study participants will be reimbursed $50.00 for the completion of each scan visit and for parking. All information is kept completely confidential.
1. Fifty-five to ninety years of age.
2. Healthy volunteer (MMSE 27-30) or patient with a diagnosis of MCI (MMSE 26-30) or Mild AD (MMSE 20-26).
1. Significant neurological disease other than Alzheimer's disease.
2. Clinically-significant and/or un-controlled medical condition.
3. History of alcohol abuse or dependence within the past two years.
4. Participation in another clinical research trial in which memory tests are being collected more than one time per year.