- Education, Training & Outreach
- Patients & Caregivers
- For Investigators
- News on Dementia
- Media Room
- Donate & Contact
A Phase 3, Multi-Center, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind Twelve-Month Safety and Efficacy Study Evaluating Dimebon in Patients with Mild-to-Moderate Alzheimer's Disease on Donepezil
This is a Phase 3, safety and efficacy study of Dimebon for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Study participants are asked to come for study-related visits 10 times during a 1-year period, take study medications as directed by study personnel, and complete all study-related procedures.
1. Have mild to moderate Alzheimer's disease.
2. Be 50 years of age or older.
3. Have been taking Aricept (Donepezil) for at least 6 months.
4. Have a caregiver who assists (or directly supervises) the participant at least 5 days per week for at least 3 hours a day.
5. Living in the community and may be living in an assisted-care facility if living independently.
More information about the study may be found on the attached document.
Martha Vander Vliet, RN